How to Use Truck Alignment Equipment
Why would you need to carry out wheel alignment on HGV vehicles?
- If the commercial vehicle has been driving on roads that have potholes and hasn’t been able to avoid them then it is likely the steering alignment will be out.
- The vehicle has been involved in a collision
- Any work that has been carried out on the vehicle’s suspension or steering may require alignment
What adjustments can I make on this Truck Aligner?
- Camber Adjustments
- Toe Adjustments
- Thrust Angle
Equip your truck service centre with the right wheel alignment equipment for commercial vehicles. SUPALIGN & JHM Butt install and train on heavy duty wheel aligners for trucks and buses. In addition to this, we will ensure your workshop is always clear of clutter and mess by installing wheel clamp holders.
The most important element of purchasing a wheel aligner for commercial vehicles is ensuring your employees have the correct knowledge to use the truck aligner. Our in-house specialists can provide on-site training for all technicians and this is included with every alignment system purchased. In addition to on-site training we also have step by step ‘how to’ videos ranging from how to navigate through the operating system all the way to how to install a new ink cartridge. These videos are all included when you buy a system from SUPALIGN.
In addition to videos, SUPALIGN have a dedicated telephone support line who can help you with any queries or questions, our support line also have the ability to remotely dial in to your machine. Offering truck alignment has never been easier when you have excellent back up support from the SUPALIGN team.
13 Step Approach Towards Carrying out Truck Alignment, see video below
- Choose your database
- Choose the make & model and variant type
- Ensure you have the correct year
- Choose the correct axle type
- Choose rim size
- Set the correct height air suspension
- Ensure the wheels & tyres are in good condition
- Inflate all tyres to fully laden pressure
- Check for no excessive play or wear in steering or suspension
- Place clamps and heads on wheels
- Check over the diagnosis of current alignment
- Carry out adjustments and ensure all angles are in the green
- Collect printout and present to customer
Please note that you have the ability to provide a printout of the diagnosis before carrying out adjustments. This is a useful selling & informative tool as it provides the facts of the vehicle’s condition to your customer.